Thursday, November 10, 2011

Innovative Teacher to Know: TpT Teacher-Author LaProfesoraFrida!


What grade level(s) and/or subject(s) are you currently teaching? What grade levels have you taught prior to this year?            K-12 Spanish

If currently in the classroom, how long have you been teaching? If not still in classroom, how long did you teach?             8 Years

When did you join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller? What made you decide to become a seller?
Like many fellow TpTers, I stumbled upon Teachers Pay Teachers while searching for products to use in my own classroom!  I thought it was an amazing place to share ideas and a great opportunity for teachers to make a little extra spending money. Hearing about other's success on TpT keeps me motivated to keep producing top-quality products!

One piece of advice you can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:
Beginning teachers--Even if you have an awesome mentor....  You won't be told everything you need to know!  A lot of what you'll learn your first few years is not just how to command your classroom, but also how to navigate the school system.  Ask a lot of questions! 
At my previous school, I didn't have a mentor.  So I kept an ongoing list of questions that popped into my head on my desk and I would head down to the secretary at the end of the day and ask her all of my questions!  (Secretaries, Administrative Assistants = awesome fountain of knowledge and experience!)
Veteran teachers--I think it's extremely important for us to keep in mind that our students are now digital learners.  When I graduated from high school, the internet had only been around for a few years.  Our school library had only one computer hooked up to an internet connection, and I was scared to use it because I thought I could get "lost" and not find my way back to the homepage!
And now I'm teaching online classes!  My how things change.  And fast!  We really need to try our hardest to create lessons for our students that incorporate their technology skills.  And we have the resources right in our schools to help us do just that: our students and our younger teachers!

Something unique about you both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
My first language is English.
My second language is American Sign Language.
My third language is Spanish.
And I'm just starting to learn Dutch!!
Who the heck learns Dutch?? Well, those of us who are lucky enough to fall in love with an amazing Spanish man who lives & works in the Netherlands!  I hopped across the pond following my heart and landed just north of Amsterdam.  I'm settling into my new home, new culture and new language while I teach online classes back in the States.



If you like, please leave a link to one of your best selling products here:

Are there any other sites you’d like posted for others to access?
*My Favorite Online Spanish-English Dictionary:  www.spanishdict.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...