Sunday, January 29, 2012

Get to Know This TpT Teacher-Author...


Lori Wolfe of Fun to Teach
What grade level(s) and/or subject(s) are you currently teaching? What grade levels have you taught prior to this year?           
Currently I am teaching k-5 English Language Development (ELD)!
Bilingual 1-4, Bilingual Title I, ESL

If currently in the classroom, how long have you been teaching? If not still in classroom, how long did you teach?            
 14 years

When did you join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller? What made you decide to become a seller?
I joined TPT as a seller a few years ago (can't remember the exact year) to dabble in the emerging e-commerce world.  I had a product that I had been selling in hard copy and TPT gave me the opportunity to try out the web!

One piece of advice you can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:
My biggest piece of advice for a beginning teacher is to get your classroom management down.  Find a teacher you admire and whose room runs the way you would want yours to run.  Then, study her every move, and ask tons of questions.  Modify it to fit you, and when you hear yourself say, "The kids weren't doing what they were supposed to today," stand back and look for the flaws in your routine or procedures for the day.  Modify until things run smoothly. 

Something unique about you both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
I started my career as a 1/2 bilingual classroom teacher.  I didn't realize until much later that I started with one of the hardest teaching assignments.  The benefit was that everything since has felt easier!

Each summer for the past 8 years, a friend and I have traveled to different Spanish speaking countries to spend a few weeks at language school to unwind from the school year and work on our Spanish.

TpT Store Link:


If you like, please leave a link to one of your best selling products here:

Are there any other sites you’d like posted for others to access?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out Ann Marie!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently I am teaching k-5 English Language Development (ELD)!

      Delete
  2. Lori, I added it in!! THanks so much! Some have entered so long ago, I need to have them proof before I actually post!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...