Friday, July 13, 2012

Back to School Project: Making Personalized Student Journals

Show Some Personality: Personalize a Student Journal for Using All Year and Present Your Journal to the Class!

CLASSMATES GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER Through the presentations!
Students Decorate a Journal to Display Everything About Their Personalities! This is like an "All About Me" project but in the decor on journal covers! It's fun, creative, and successful. This is a project my students do, and I even did it too...
This goes with any subject or grade that has any type of journal writing or literature response type writing. (It is Not limited to Language Arts!) 
Student Handouts also come with a Sample Journal Picture, Step by Step Instructions with Diagrams, A Suggestion List for Journal Decor, and requirements
This freebie is complete with instructions to make a journal or doing this project with a binder. 
The entire point of the homemade journal is for students to think about what makes them "Unique!" AND---to have a personalized journal to write in all year long!

6 comments:

  1. Super fun idea Ann Marie! I wish I had a writing class next year to use it with.

    Addie
    Addie Education - Teacher Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use it for any kind of journaling!! Or just for their binder for you class, really!! :) Thanks for writing, Addie!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea Ann Marie! I love it!! I can't wait to go back to school just to do this!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Stephanie! You be sure to make one too! I had fun! The kids love it that I actually take my turn presenting too! Thanks for writing! :)
      Ann Marie

      Delete
  3. Ann Marie, I'd heard others raving about this recent post and so I had to check it out for myself. Excellent job!!! I was thinking about doing something like this myself - so thank you very much for all of the hard work you put into this one:)

    Krystal
    www.lessonsfromthemiddle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's exciting to hear----Wonderful to hear so many liked it! I think you'll find it's an easy way for them to learn about each other and the teacher learns about the kids right off the bat!!!

      Delete

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...