Friday, July 20, 2012

No Homework?... Inform the Parents

As we get ready to go back to school, I spend the most time thinking about things that worked for me and my students last year and the things that didn't work as well as I had hoped.
One tactic that has worked well for several years (though I was blessed not to need it much last year) for me is notifying the parents of no homework....
I'm not a huge fan of homework, but as the students get older, it's harder to avoid ALL the time. So, when I assign it, I think it's something important! And, if it's an advanced class, it's an even bigger deal if a child shows up without homework.
I know it's not a perfect world, but in many cases, parents can and will be your #1 support system! Keep them informed!
So, I thought I would share the little note I send home. You can download it straight from Google docs! It's just a simple, basic form to keep on hand, should the need arise! Hopefully not! :)
Innovative Connections back to school notifying parents
Parent Information Document
Hope you are gearing up for a new school year!
Please tell us in a comment below...
WHAT IS your favorite tool, tip, or tactic you find very successful in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...